Friends of the Lakes Country Public Library
Our next meeting is October 17th, 2023 at 9:15 a.m.
Join the Friends
Everyone is welcome!
The Friends of the Lakes Country Public Library (Friends) raises money to help fund special programs & materials for the library. The Friends hold fundraisers throughout the year, including a craft fair, book sales, a brat sale and a bake sale. Friends members even help with the gardening!
Want to volunteer? Call the library at 715-276-9020.
To join the Friends, please complete this the form.
Friends dues are $10.00 per year.
Library Board of Trustees
The next regular meeting is on:
Next regular Meeting: Tuesday September 26, 8:00am
Prior meeting agendas:
Prior meeting minutes:
Lakes Country Public Library History
- 1981- The need for a local library was identified.
- 1982 - With assistance from the Nicolet Federated Library System the library was organized.
- 1982 - In October the Lakes Country Public Library opened the doors to serve the public.
- 1987 - The rented facility was sold and the library moved to an old converted tavern.
- 1988 - Plans for the construction of a new facility of 2,290 square feet were finalized. Funding was obtained from the fundraising of the Friends of the Library, the Town of Lakewood, and a Federal LSCA grant.
- 1989 - The doors opened to the new home of the Lakes Country Public Library.
- 1996 - An 864 square foot addition was completed to accommodate the increase in library use.
- 1997 - The library joined the shared Outagamie-Waupaca and Nicolet Federated Library Systems Automated system. A public Internet station was installed with funding from the Nicolet Federated Library System, Wisconsin's Educational Technology Board and the Federal Library Services and Construction Act.
- 1998 - There was a dramatic increase in the sharing of materials with other libraries. Courier delivery service increased from once to three times per week. (Later this would increase to five-day-per-week delivery.) The meeting room is being used by many local organizations.
- 1999 - A T-1 telecommunications line was installed. Three additional Internet stations were added. Courier delivery service increased to five times per week.
- 2014 - Fiber optic cable is run to the library, increasing the number of patrons who can use the internet at high speeds.
- 2018 - A committee formed to explore the idea of becoming a Joint Library, jointly funded by the towns of Lakewood, Townsend, Riverview & Doty.
- 2019 - A Joint Library Agreement was approved, creating a public library now funded by Lakewood, Townsend, Riverview & Doty. (Under the same name: Lakes Country Public Library.)
- 2020 - The Lakes Country Public Library began operations at a joint library
- March 2020-May 2021 the library closed or offered limited services due to the Covid Pandemic.
Lakes Country Public Library
Monday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.